22IR Rear Seat - rudder repack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22IR Rear Seat - rudder repack

I believe I need to replace the packing around my rudder. The steering is stiff and I just replaced the steering cable last year and it was never as good as new.

In order too access the rudder I think I need to remove the seating which goes to the gas tank. Any help on repairing or removing either of these items would be greatly appreciated.

the rudder should have a grease Zerk on it for a grease gun. Mine does at least

Comment

Rudder

It isn't easy to grease. Get your arm stretcher out. Mine has an access plate that you can remove and the fuel tank is formed so that you may access the zirk from above. If my rudder needed repacking I would remove the fuel tank. It gives you lots of room and you can clean up that part of the bilge nicely.

Comment

I do have a grease fitting and I have greased it. Things got better but not a good as they should be.

Comment

I am not sure you can remove that seating. It appears that it is all glassed. Even if you find the way to get up the cushions, I am not sure it would do you any good. The "platform" the cushions sit on are solid at the base.

Comment

Working...
          X