Rusted Speaker Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusted Speaker Covers

I have a pair of MB Quarter Reference speakers on my 2005 24V that are developing a little rust and discoloration. Pics attached.

Any ideas on how to remove the speaker covers? I think a wire brush and a simple coat of paint will get them looking brand new again.

Any thoughts on ways to replace just the covers? Anyone have some spares?

Thoughts on speaker socks? I've seen a few online but would rather save that cash for a little gas money.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    brose

I think the wire mesh just pops out on those, have you tried?

Kennesaw GA, I was just there last week for a couple days
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I tried twisting and popping the plasic outer ring with no luck. I don't want to break them! Are you thinking just the wire mesh pops out some how?
      brose

Comment

Originally posted by brose View Post
        I tried twisting and popping the plasic outer ring with no luck. I don't want to break them! Are you thinking just the wire mesh pops out some how?
        Yep!
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have the same speakers and yes, the wire mesh comes out of the groove in the plastic surround. A little flat black spray paint and they will be good as new.

Comment

Thanks chpthril and laserfish. I got it done. They look great!!
            Attached Files
            brose

Comment

good thread I have the same speakers with the same problem. pop them out wire brush and paint i can do that..thanx again for the reminder I havr been wanting to do this for ever and always forget.

Comment

Working...
              X