Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this my fuel filter, and WTF is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this my fuel filter, and WTF is that?

Wanting to locate my fuel filter to change it and make sure I get the right filter/etc...

My best shot at illustrating below, but basically - the fuel line comes straight from the gas tank to that (WTF is this) coil, then connects to what I believe to be the fuel pump with the filter located in the bottom of it.

So to get the filter out/replaced, I need to unscrew the bolt on the bottom of the fuel pump until that hose comes off, then unscrew the bottom cannister part of the fuel filter until it comes off and my filter is inside there?

If this is all wrong, please correct me b4 I tear up my ride! Thanks for the help.

Filter in here
    Yes

WTF
    Fuel cooler lines
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You need to take the 2 hoses off the bottom, then that canister unscrews about the mid point. Do Not loosen the bolt on the bottom it will NOT give you access to the filter. And by the looks of it that sucker is going to be tough to unscrew. They can be tough anyway but with the amount of corrosion in the pic that sucker is gona be real tough. Good Luck!
      Last edited by kko; 01-15-2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

It's the low pressure fuel pump!!

Comment

I think the OP is wondering what the spiral tubing running around the pump is. I agree with chpthril that it circulates water thru it to keep the pump cool seeing as how mine came loose one day and was throwing water everywhere in the engine compartment.

Comment

Working...
          X