Adding Speakers to a Tige 20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Speakers to a Tige 20V

I am looking to install speakers on my 2008 tige 20V (standard tower) and was wondering if the wiring must be routed up the same side (starboard) as the nav light wiring. Is there access on the port side tower member (ie. a factory hole in the fiberglass). Any help would be great. Thanks,

Brent

My 2004 Switch V had a hole in the fiberglass on the starboard side that I used for my speakers. My boat doesn't have any tower lights, my nav is towards the back of the boat.

Comment

You can fish the speaker wire through the port side, same as the anchor/nav light is on the starboard side, but, there will not be a hole through the top of the gunwale for the wire to pass through the deck, you will need to drill one. It's not hard at all, I've done quite few. Thin electricians fish tape, contractors string, 3/8" drill bit (+ smaller ones to start a pilot and work up), allen wrench for tower leg bolt, 2 - 25' runs of 14ga speaker wire.

Do a search, i've posted a few pics. If you cant locate any, let me know and I will either find them or re-post. Let us know if we can help out in any other way.

What's your setup, post pics when completed. Welcome to the site, where are you located?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I did check and there's only a hole on the starboard side. Adding access to the port side seems like a pretty simple task. My set up is the base clarion system on the 08's which I'm currently upgrading with a clarion APX490M amp and some K-CMQ1720TW speakers. I'm from North of the border - Calgary.

Comment

Originally posted by bdumenko View Post
          Thanks for the help guys. I did check and there's only a hole on the starboard side. Adding access to the port side seems like a pretty simple task. My set up is the base clarion system on the 08's which I'm currently upgrading with a clarion APX490M amp and some K-CMQ1720TW speakers. I'm from North of the border - Calgary.
          Those tower speakers must be for Canada only, as they are not on my "radar" at all. Cant find much info on them, do you know what kinda power they need? I'm guessing you're going with 2 pair since you are going with a 4 chnl amp. I'm kinda curious what price range you are getting them at. PM me if you dont want to post up here, if you're willing to share that info.

*EDIT* Ok, I was able to find some info. Those are basically Clarions 7" CQM series loaded into tower cans. They are rated at 60 watts RMS and a max of 120W. These have the potential of being a pretty decent speaker with the 90 watts RMS ea that will will receive from the APX-490M amp.
          Last edited by chpthril; 10-01-2009, 11:40 PM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X