where are you running them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are you running them?

Trying to figure out the best way to get the wires from the tower light to the switch? How are yours run? The is on a New Dimensions Tower and a 2001 21i. The light has never been hooked up. I see a hole in the tube where the wires will come to but what's the best way to get them from there down to the dash?? Cut a hole in the dash, lets see some pics of your setup.

thanks

i dont know alot about wiring on these boats but heres what i would assume would happen, run the wires down the tower and then through the base (through the hull and then access the dash from the side.
    Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I have a switch for front and rear lights, but I currently do not have any lights and nothing is pre-wired frm the switch. The speakers and international lights are wired through very small holes and there is no room for additional wires to be run.

I want to add at least some forward facing driving lights that we will primarily use for docking. I will need to do some drilling as well and look forward to some input and pics as well.

Thanks much..............

Comment

Originally posted by 2whlin View Post
        Trying to figure out the best way to get the wires from the tower light to the switch? How are yours run? The is on a New Dimensions Tower and a 2001 21i. The light has never been hooked up. I see a hole in the tube where the wires will come to but what's the best way to get them from there down to the dash?? Cut a hole in the dash, lets see some pics of your setup.

thanks
        I'm guessing the hole you are referring to is at the bottom of the tubing right before the tower foot? If so, then at that point, you will need to drill through the deck of the boat into the gunnell. Then fish the wires up the back of the console. www.waytekwire.com has all sorts of wire and cabling products that will allow you to dress up the pass-thu for a clean but sturdy job. You need to also take into account how the tower folds, and may even need to add in a connector there.

Originally posted by JGR View Post
        I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I have a switch for front and rear lights, but I currently do not have any lights and nothing is pre-wired frm the switch. The speakers and international lights are wired through very small holes and there is no room for additional wires to be run.

I want to add at least some forward facing driving lights that we will primarily use for docking. I will need to do some drilling as well and look forward to some input and pics as well.

Thanks much..............
        For yours, I would just mirror the speaker and nav light wire routing on the other side of the tower and then run the wires around to the console.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I would have to take the tower off. Hmmmm.. Is that where everyone is running their wires? Is the tube open on that end??
          I'm just curious where everyone else is running their wires?

Comment

Originally posted by 2whlin View Post
            So I would have to take the tower off. Hmmmm.. Is that where everyone is running their wires? Is the tube open on that end??
            I'm just curious where everyone else is running their wires?
            Well, I cant say exactly as that is not a Tige tower and I have never wired one like yours. Where is the hole located that you referenced in the first post? Is it at the top where the speakers would be mounted or at the bottom of one of the legs, near a tower foot. If it near the tower foot, that tells me the tower foot is not open for passing wire through. A couple of close up pics would tell us a lot. My gut says that your tower will require the wire to jump out of the tower at the joint(s) and at the foot. From there, you will have to drill through the deck of the boat, next to the foot, and pass the wires through.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok, I called New Dimensions. The only way to see if there is a hole in the bottom of the rail (foot) is to take the tower off. He recommended taking the tower off anyway as he said it's just easier to run the wiring with it on the ground. I'll have to drill 3 holes if there is not a hole in the bottom of the rail. One on the top portion of the rail to get the wire from the top bar to the rail then another hole at the bottom closer to the boat then a hole in the boat to get the wire into the boat. Man, sounds like a weekend project. Hate the thought of having to take the tower off...!!!

Comment

So, the manufacturer couldnt tell you how thier tower is built? Post a pic of the foot and we can probably tell if it's possible. 2nd, dont pull the tower!!! They are heavier then they look and is a 3 person job even with a forklift/hoist. Just remove the bolt(s) for that one foot, have someone in the boat lift up on the tower leg, and then slide a mechanics mirror under there and see. I've wired a bunch of towers on the boat, and one off the boat and believe me, it was not easier.

Comment

the manufacturer said some are open on the bottom and some are not and since I have no clue what year model this tower is that's all he could tell me. Once boating season is over I'll be looking into this project.

Comment

Working...
                  X