tower anchor light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tower anchor light

The New Dimensions tower that I have on my boat has an anchor light on the top of the tower where the rope attaches. I want to wire it up. I see the holes in the tubes and where I can fish wires to the light but trying to decide the best spot to get to the switch on the dash?
    I have a 2001 21i and the battery is located on starboard side in storage area in front of helm.
    Can someone link me to a post or tell me how to get this done. I don't know which switch works the anchor light that mounts on the helm as either my anchor light is burned out or the switch or something is bad but am guessing one of the switches on the dash operates that light independently from the nav lights on bow of boat. I can do the work but am electrically challenged when it comes to how to wire it properly.

1st) Your boat will either have an ON-OFF-ON toggle switch for the Nav and anchor light - The up position turns on both the nav and anchor light, and down turns on the anchor. If not, then you should have 2 switches, one turns both on and the other controls just the anchor. Most likely the first option. If you want a single switch to control both, you will need a DPDT (double poll, double throw) switch, about $15 and the cover may be separate. Most any marine supplier should carry them, and they may include the cover.

2nd) does your boat have an anchor light poll socket mounted in the deck? Is so, use the power source for it.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok, I'll run thru the switches and see if I can't get the nav light to come on with turning on and off switches. Yes there is an anchor light pole socket mounted in the helm deck area. I'll check the wiring there, what about ground wire, will there be a ground connection on the light up on top??

Comment

where would be a good place to get the wires to the power? I thought it would be cool to have the wire go down all the way into the tower tubes to where the tower bolts to boat in front of the window but not sure if the tubes are open on the end. I would have to drill another hole in the tubes going to the boat but just thought that would be a cleaner look than going into the the dash just inside the window? Can someone post pictures of their wiring??

Comment

Originally posted by 2whlin View Post
          ok, I'll run thru the switches and see if I can't get the nav light to come on with turning on and off switches. Yes there is an anchor light pole socket mounted in the helm deck area. I'll check the wiring there, what about ground wire, will there be a ground connection on the light up on top??
          There sure be a ground buss (common ground point) under the helm area where other things are grounded.

Originally posted by 2whlin View Post
          where would be a good place to get the wires to the power? I thought it would be cool to have the wire go down all the way into the tower tubes to where the tower bolts to boat in front of the window but not sure if the tubes are open on the end. I would have to drill another hole in the tubes going to the boat but just thought that would be a cleaner look than going into the the dash just inside the window? Can someone post pictures of their wiring??
          If you have a switch for the nav/anchor lights, it will probably already have power to it, just come off the "switched" side of the switch that is feeding the current anchor socket.

Post a pic of your tower as well.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

if you go under the classified section, check the ad for the 2001 21i for sale under user jchurch or something and there are several pics of the boat and tower, I purchased this boat..

Comment

Working...
            X