Speedometer cable cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer cable cleaning

Ive noticed that my speedometer will only reach 30-35 mph WOT, i know the boat will go faster than that, how do i clean or blow out the cable or what do i need to do to get it to register the correct speed....Thanks L

Not sure it has a cable, it is probably a pressure fed petite tube and pickup. Depending on engine and prop, 35mph may be it! Whats the WOT RPM? I would verify with a GPS before going to much further.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Not sure it has a cable, it is probably a pressure fed petite tube and pickup. Depending on engine and prop, 35mph may be it! Whats the WOT RPM? I would verify with a GPS before going to much further.
      chpthril's right. I have a question, do you have a paddle wheel or a pressure activated pick-up in the back? Either way, there should be an adjustment on the speedo that you can make to calibrate it to the right speed, but you will need a GPS to do it.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Yes there is a paddle wheel, I wasnt sure if the tube was an option or not, ive been using the rpm as a close gauge to the mph, I will try the gps and see how that works, thanks for the info.............L

Comment

Ok, with a paddle wheel, there's a sender unit that is all electronic. If you think it's not working properly, inspect the paddle wheel closely and see if any of the paddles are broken off or damaged. Also make sure it spins freely. You can get replacement wheels. They're pretty much the same as what I have on my PerfectPass. Check my thread on the subject http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=paddlewheel. I always stock some extra because mine's so close to the bunks we sometimes damage it going on the trailer. It's literally a 5 min job to replace it.

But, I'd start by calibrating your speedo with a GPS. Depending on what instrument package you have, you can usually find the manuals for them online or by contacting Tige.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X