Change out a 12v power outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change out a 12v power outlet

i went to replace the non working 12v power outlet on my boat console and could not get it out of the dash. it is located on the same plate as the ignition switch, bilge pump switch, blower swtich, etc. I took that plate off and tried to remove the one i need to replace and it was not coming out. has anyone had any expierience with this?

sometimes these 'ciagarette type" plugs have a nut holding them on in the back, did you check behind the dash?
    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1911 View Post
      sometimes these 'ciagarette type" plugs have a nut holding them on in the back, did you check behind the dash?
      I'll second this suggestion, but will clarify that they usually have a nut in the back.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

They usually have a "nut" that you could easily mistake for the "housing". Not sure on Tige's but thats probably the case.
        Biggest lake addict on the planet

Comment

mine went out too. I took the nut off the back, and it popped right out. Does anyone know... do you have to replace the entire plug or is there a fuse box somewhere?

Comment

Usually, there's an inline fuse.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

thank you for your responses. i will check for a nut on the backside

Comment

Working...
              X