6 volt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 volt?

talked to my copperstate battery rep today. He suggested running 2- 6 volt batteries wired together to get longer run time. he's talking 438 minutes @ 25 amp draw. any input?

I know that a lot of people do that for their RVs. 6V are a lot longer then your normal 12v.

Comment

last longer or longer in size?

Comment

Both.

Comment

I tried to fit some in my battery compartment on my 5th wheel but they were too long. It would of been a pretty big job to rewire everything to the front of my 5th wheel. But I hear its worth it so I may still do that.

Comment

just bought a pontoon party hut! the frige is 12 volt & sucks the power.
            plenty of room for battery size, this might be a better way to go?

Comment

2 6V's wired in series = 12V's but 2x longer Ah's then 2 12Vs but the are bigger, heavier, more $$$.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                2 6V's wired in series = 12V's but 2x longer Ah's then 2 12Vs but the are bigger, heavier, more $$$.
                Thank you! That makes sence!

Comment

Originally posted by fleetpaint View Post
                  Thank you! That makes sence!
                  whichever way you go just make sure the 6 volts are wired in series and the 12 volts are wired in parallel
                  "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

would you agree that on a 32' pontoon w/ lots of power draw & plenty of room, 2-6volts will be a better set up??

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1911 View Post
                      whichever way you go just make sure the 6 volts are wired in series and the 12 volts are wired in parallel
                      Good point, thanks for adding that!
                      Originally posted by fleetpaint View Post
                      would you agree that on a 32' pontoon w/ lots of power draw & plenty of room, 2-6volts will be a better set up??
                      100%
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                      X