Does MP have problems with their ECU??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does MP have problems with their ECU??

I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues. We have had 3 ECU replaced.(well replaced 2 and reflashed once). Boat is 08 RZ4.

The problem is the ECU warning buzzer goes off continuously. Most of the time It happens with the key off, engine off and the boat on the trailer. It happened a few times while driving with no other issues with performance, temp, oil pressure, etc.. and just kept surfing that day with tape over the buzzer.

Its very strange with no rhyme or reason. Dont know if its because the ECU is right on top of the engine it is having issues with heat or what the heck????

Our local dealer is always great to deal with and in one instance just swapped an ECU out of another boat just to get us going as the part wasnt going to be in before a trip.

This is our third Tige and Im not impressed with MP. Our other boats were Mercruser and never had an issue.
    Bad decisions make good stories.

Sounds like your dealer has not isolated the problem correctly and blames it on Tige or MP. Is their tech trained by Tige and MP, do they have the correct diagnostic equipment? Sounds like the warning buzzer is warning of a problem but the dealer cant see the trees for the forest
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes they are a fully capable Tige dealer. Tige doesnt build the engine or the ECU. Its an issue with MP.

There are no codes present in the ECU at any time of the failures. It is unknown to me as to what MP is telling them.(meaning the whole truth)

I was hoping maybe someone else was having the same concern and had it resolved.

I could understand if it was only one time maybe it could be called a "glitch" but this is the fourth time now.
      Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Yes, I know Tige doesn't build the engine or ECM. Has your dealer talked to Lee @ Marine Power? What are they saying. In my 17yrs of diagnostics and repair, Ive found that if a particular component is replaced and the symptom continuous, then the root cause of the symptom was missed. It's very odd to have repeated identical failures of the same component. So, my point is, they have replaced 2 ECM's and reflashed 1, and the problem continues. I'll bet that the ECU is acting as it should and is alerting you of a problem, as it should, and they have just missed it. Not every condition will set a code either. Have they been able to duplicate the condition with the Diagnostic scan tool hooked up? Might be something as simple as too hi or low engine oil level. Too many untrained/inexperienced mechanics are quick to blame ECM's and don't start with the basics. "it's got wunna em'ar computers.......so it must be bad"
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I researched mp a lot before we chose it, but never found that to be a predominate issue.

Maybe a grounding issue? Low voltage somewhere?
          "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
          X