bilge pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bilge pump

I have a tige 20 i direct drive, the bilge is shot, and it is not the fuse, it is located right in front underneath the motor, I have no idea how it is secured in place and I can't seem to get it out..it is a guardian 500 and there seems to be clips in front and back supposedly to get the cover off, but that does not even want to come off. I searched this sight and have not really come accross this problem with the bilge, any ideas on how to remove this bilge??

Leave the old bilge pump there and purchase another and mount it in a location where you can remove it.

Don't know why Tige would have made something almost impossible to remove unless you take out the engine.

Comment

I have a 21i drive so hopefully yours is like mine.

The actual pump part is secured to the hull by a bracket (that is what those clips were). You push in the clips and lift the pump motor out. Then there is a screw that attaches the bracket to the hull. Use a screw driver to get that out. Then you can cut the wires to the bilge motor and solder, heat shrink and electrical tape the connections. Then zip tie the wires up out of the water line so you minimize the chance of getting the connections wet.
      Hope this helps. I just installed a new pump on my boat yesterday and it fired right up. I was able to get the 800gph tsunami from academy for 30 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
        Leave the old bilge pump there and purchase another and mount it in a location where you can remove it.
        That's the way to do it!
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
        X