Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle problem

Hi all

I have a 20v and have been getting it ready for the new season, I have noticed that the boat will start in gear which I assume is not correct. I have tried to get to the mechanism but I am struggling to remove the actual trottle. Can any explain how this is done and also why the boat is starting in gear

Any comments welcome

I doubt that the problem will be found/fixed at the throttle it's self unless it feels unnaturally loose, but more then likely will be fixed at the transmission.

Sounds like the shift cable needs adjusting, whith is done at the trans. There is a 2 terminal neutral safety switch on the trans with is a N/C (normally closed) switch to allow current to pass to the starter solenoid when the trans is in neutral. The switch opens when trans is in D or R.

Could be a bad switch, could be a bad throttle/shifter asm, but most likely needs adjusting.

Not exactly sure how the cable is attached on your year model boat, but start by removing the cable from the shift level on the transmission. Next, make sure the throttle/shifter is locked in natural, then make sure the trans shift lever is in neutral also, there will be a noticeable detent when in neutral. It should have a slight wiggle, but will require pressure to shift out of the detent. Now, adjust the portion of the cable end that attaches to the trans shift lever, it will be kinda like adjusting an old carburetor cable. You want the cable to pop right onto the lever with out pulling or pushing. Then test!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

you may have a NSS on the throttle control also
      HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED
      switchbait.com

Comment

I own a 02 . check the neutral safety button at the throttle could be sticky

Comment

Working...
        X