Steering Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Cable

Anyone have the part # for a steering cable for a 02 21i?

Teleflex SSC13418
    18'
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I need to replace my cable steering. Has anyone done it or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Does anyone have the procedure on how to replace it or the part # for a steering cable for a 07 RZ2?
      The laughter of the world is merely loneliness pathetically trying to reassure itself. - Neal A. Maxwell

Comment

Check out this thread

Comment

Thank you. Do I have to order the new cable from the dealer? Has anyone do it before, what is the time frame?

I am just wondering if it is worth it to have the dealer do it.
          The laughter of the world is merely loneliness pathetically trying to reassure itself. - Neal A. Maxwell

Comment

I replaced my steering cable a couple weeks ago. Just google the part number and buy one online. It took me a few days, about 2hrs a day to replace the cable. It's not that hard, just have to keep your cool when undoing the nuts in those hard to reach places. It's definatley easier to cut the cable and run it over the gas tank instead of underneath, like whats in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by eks View Post
              I am just wondering if it is worth it to have the dealer do it.
              Only you can answer that.

It would obviously depend on your mchanical comfort level vs. what the dealer would charge for the installation.

If Lee's instructions don't scare you off, then it is probably a nice off-season project to tackle if you have the time and the tools.

Comment

Thank you for the info... This will definably help me on the decision. I just need to know how much the cable would cost and how much the dealer charges.

Is the steering cable under warranty? my boat is less than 2 years old.

wake454, where did you get the part number?

Comment

The part number is stamped on the cable itself. Call your dealer and to check his price. SPBFan can get a price on the cable.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thank you for the info... This will definably help me on the decision. I just need to know how much the cable would cost and how much the dealer charges.

Is that covered under the 3 year warranty? I would call your dealer on that. I know teleflex had offered a 2 year warranty that Tige did not know about. I printed the warranty off the internet and only had to pay labor and not the cable. That was back in 06. Not sure if teleflex has changed their warranty since then though
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                      Is that covered under the 3 year warranty? I would call your dealer on that. I know teleflex had offered a 2 year warranty that Tige did not know about. I printed the warranty off the internet and only had to pay labor and not the cable. That was back in 06. Not sure if teleflex has changed their warranty since then though
                      Thanks Jim!

Comment

Hey EK I spent about about $125 for my cable if I remember right and a couple hours to install. If you want to DIY it let me know

Comment

Originally posted by KonaKing View Post
                          Hey EK I spent about about $125 for my cable if I remember right and a couple hours to install. If you want to DIY it let me know
                          Thanks Kona, I will check at Wasatch Marine to see if it is still under warranty, if not I might take you up on your offer.

Comment

heres a link to the teleflex warranty
                            http://www.teleflexmarine.com/contac...x_warranty.pdf
                            Let it be!!!

Comment

Thanks xpjim1!

Comment

Working...
                              X