seat back removal in 22V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat back removal in 22V

is it possible to remove the seat backs in the cockpit of the 22v?

was having a look at them yesterday but couldn't see any obvious method...

any thoughts please!

Nick.

What year? On the Ve's, the seatback are held on with nuts and fender-washers on studs attached to the seatback. Pull the bow speakers, the studs/nuts are accessible through there. Grab a short 7/16 wrench.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I believe all the seat backs are through bolted with nuts and large washers on the back side if the seat backs. You should be able to reach up through the compartments and feel for a nut threaded on there. I used a set of gear wrenches that made it pretty easy. I believe it was a 12mm, but don't hold me to it. Someone said to make it easier on themselves they reinstalled with ting nuts and lock washers, not a bad idea.

Comment

she is an '02 i think, will investigate further and see what is hiding back there, thanks!

Comment

You'll have to check on the seatbacks. Some were screwed into the fiberglass using deck screws. Check my thread on replacing your vinyl for more details. On my boat, I found that some seat backs used bolts and nuts, as chpthril suggested, and some used deck screws. You'll need to feel the back of the seat to know for sure.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
          X