Ideal Vehicle to pull 05 Tige' 22 foot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal Vehicle to pull 05 Tige' 22 foot?

What have you found to be the ideal Vehicle to pull 05 Tige' 22 foot? Weight is 5,000 with trailer and gas?

1st, I think you are about 500-800 light on your est. Dry weight of the 22V is 4k and trailer is at least 1200 to 1500 lds so your already at 5,200-5,500 lb's without adding in tower, fuel, stereo/accessories, gear, and people and other gear riding in vehicle.

As posted in the other thread, you need to look at something with at least a 5,800-6,000 lb tow rating. I've been towing my 06 22Ve for 3 yrs with a Chevy Trailblazer, I've been impressed with it's power, stopping ability, stability, etc.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I tow my 22 v with a nissan titan crewcab 4x4, it tows great, and gets decent mileage. I've always preffered to get the most vehicle I can for braking and stability. I've seen one too many lighter vehicles get thrown around by what they are towing in an emergency braking or maneuver situation.

Comment

I have an '05 22 foot Tige. I pull it with my '99 F-150 4.6 with the towing package. Works just fine. I don't tow far, only about 15 miles. Whatever you get remember to service the transmission at least every 30K miles or more often, I do mine every 15K or five years whichever occurs sooner.
        Last edited by raythompson; 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM.
        Ray Thompson
        2005 22V

Comment

I pull my 2008 22ve with an 05 Toyota Tundra. Pull's Great! Although I would not pull it cross country or anything.

Comment

The "Ideal" tow vehicle has substantially more towing capability than the towed rig, and will also safely carry the gear, people and the boat.

Bear in mind that when you look at towing capacity it assumes its just you and the trailer. So, you have also to consider the truck's gross vehicle combined weight (GVCW). That sets the limit of the whole package.

Comment

Like everyone said it depends on what your tow is going to be.

Distance
              Frequency
              Speed
              Grade changes
              Air temps
              Number of people in vehicle

I live in Phoenix and we have lots of ups and downs to get to the lake. I also usually have at least 4 people in the car and our temps get up to 110 during the summer and average about 20 to 25 trips to the water a year. I also end up going to Powell twice a year, which is a brutal tow.

I tow with the 3/4 diesel and its perfect. I also have a 07 4Runner with the 4.7L V8. If I had to tow with the 4Runner everytime I think the engine and tranny would be close to dead by now.

Comment

How about a Ford diesel?

Comment

Sweet!
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                    How about a Ford diesel?
                    Sorry, Lee. He said "A 22V" not the entire "U.S. Naval Atlantic Fleet".

We do like overkill though

Comment

we tow our 2005 24v with a chevy 4x4 2500 sivlverado with diesel engine. look at the tow ratings of vehicle you want and also make sure you have the right ball and hitch. a transmission cooler is a must. For all around towing i would suggest 3.73 gears.

Comment

Duramax.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post

LMAO...
                          http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
                          http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post

Makes you want to break out the Tonka trucks, doesn't it.
                            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
                              a transmission cooler is a must
                              I would also add an external engine oil cooler to the list.
                              Ray Thompson
                              2005 22V

Comment

Working...
                              X