TAPS / TAPS II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS / TAPS II

Can any one explane the difference between TAPS and TAPS II?
    You bet wakeboarding and motocross will drain the wallet in a hurry ,but not near as fast as teenage rehab

I believe TAPS II came out with the Convex V hull. Function wise, they work the same and have the same effect on boat's attitude. Physical characteristics wise, the TAPS I has 2 rams, and TAPS II has 1. Some where in there there was a switch from a hydraulic pump to an electric motor but not sure if it corresponds with the TAPS to TAPS II change.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Some where in there there was a switch from a hydraulic pump to an electric motor but not sure if it corresponds with the TAPS to TAPS II change.
      I think it did.
      I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

I believe it was the addition of rocker to the hull. I think the 2004s and 2005s had the electric lenco motors
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

In 2003 Tigé came out with the Convex V hull and TAPS II. TAPS II is supposed to have more movement to allow the rear to drop further into the water creating a larger wake.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
            In 2003 Tigé came out with the Convex V hull and TAPS II. TAPS II is supposed to have more movement to allow the rear to drop further into the water creating a larger wake.
            And that is why he has the Mr Tige Know it all name
            Let it be!!!

Comment

We have a 97 Pre 2200 WT with the original taps. We are wanting to try surfing and I am not sure what I will need to do to get the required wake .
              How much ballast do you guys think I will need ?
              You bet wakeboarding and motocross will drain the wallet in a hurry ,but not near as fast as teenage rehab

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
                We have a 97 Pre 2200 WT with the original taps. We are wanting to try surfing and I am not sure what I will need to do to get the required wake .
                How much ballast do you guys think I will need ?
                Start with 5-6 of your friends sitting on the side that you will ride (left=reg/rt=goofy). Speed about 9.5-10 is a good starting point and give it a try. Take pics, they seem to help when answering questions.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey, my boat also has a Convex V hull. I believe that in 2003 they revised the Convex V hull to make the rocker more pronounced. This happened again in 2005 with the introduction of the Ve series.

I'm not normally one to call into question Mr. Know It All Tige Guy.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                  X