Winterized my boat yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterized my boat yesterday...

I had to put her down for the winter I used the "pink stuff" for winterization. First I drained the block and the exhaust manifolds and then I pulled the heater hoses and blew all of the water out of them (which pushed water out of the block too). I then put all of the plugs back in and put 1 gallon of pink stuff into the heater hoses. Next I used my 5 gallon bucket jig with the garden hose hooked to the fake-a-lake. I put a total of 4 gallons of pink stuff in it but it didn't come out of the exhaust. Is it going to be alright or should I hook it back up and run some more through it?

When I did my 22i with the MP 335 it took exactly 5 gallons when it started coming out the exhaust.
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Do you cut the antifreeze with water or use 5 gallons straight?
      Malibu Owner, but I like Tige's too

Comment

On my boat I used straight anti-freeze.

Comment

I read that straight anti-freeze gels so I use distilled water 50/50 mix.

Comment

The anti-freeze that I used said specifically not to mix it with water.

Comment

That's right you used the pink stuff for RV's. oops I used regular auto anti-freeze that is why I mixed with water.

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                That's right you used the pink stuff for RV's. oops I used regular auto anti-freeze that is why I mixed with water.
                Hope you plan to Fake-A-Lake the hell out of it before you drop it into the water.

Comment

I always use the sierra brand that is ok for the environment. But I do anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                    I always use the sierra brand that is ok for the environment. But I do anyway.
                    I thought you were using the regular stuff that is environmentally unfriendly. That is what I get for assuming.

Comment

Sorry, I meant regular as in auto anti-freeze. I was not very clear either.

Comment

I also run about 5-6 gal of the pink stuff through her. I don't bother with removing the plugs to drain water out. I figure the pink stuff is like -25 or -50 straight. If I have a little water mix it takes it to -10 to -20 It will never get that cold in my garage.
                        15 Escalade ESV-Black
                        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I may have to move to the fake a lake method. I currently have rigged up a fitting to fit into water intake line, but getting that thing loose is brutal. I think we had our first frost here last night.

Comment

Working...
                          X