Heater not hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blownC6 View Post
    ...As long as we're talking about heater installs here's something else to consider. The heater core broke on my first unit and I had no easy way to shut off the water. ...
    Also, by adding a shutoff valve the hot water flow can be stopped when not needed. If the heater core assembly doesn't have a shut off valve hot water can be flowing thru it at all times. If a hose springs a leak hot water could spray on the driver's legs or wherever. I installed a shut off valve in both lines and only turn them on when the using the heater.

Comment

Originally posted by blownC6 View Post
      Yes, and as zad0030 said "where it returns".

As long as we're talking about heater installs here's something else to consider. The heater core broke on my first unit and I had no easy way to shut off the water. Lesson learned..... I installed a ball valve in the supply line(see pic). The valve was cheap, easy to install, maybe 10 minutes, and if it happens again it won't end our day at the lake.

That is a great idea. Might even be worth putting a 3 way valve in, and then you can just blow it out when you winterize without having to remove any hoses (which is what I had to do on my old boat).
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
      X