Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering cable

Hi All

I have a Tige 20v 2003 here in the UK. The steering cable has become extremely stiff and I would like to replace it, however there are very few dealers in th UK. Could anyone give me a item code, cable type for me to google or a dealer in the USA who would supply the item to the UK.

Also my graphics on the docking side are worn is there anywhere where I can buy replacement rider graphics.

Thanks in advance

You'll come out cheaper just buying the cable on line from a marine supplier. Near the helm end of the cable, you should find a length printed on the sheath. It's probably a Teleflex cable.

For the graphics, if the ones you want are still available from Tige (only a couple of years back maybe), you may be able to get your closest tige dealer to order them and have then direct-shipped to you. Another option is to just have some custom ones done. Send a PM (private message) to tigeowner Ks, he does custom graphics and is in Mission BC.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

cable

He's right. You don't need to order it from a Tige dealer. I'm sure it's a Teleflex cable and the number should be stamped on the cable under the dash. I don't know who you have in the UK for marine suppliers, but search online ... maybe even Ebay.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the advice. I have sourced a teleflex cable and completed the work. I have installed the new cable on top of the fuel tank to try and extend its life.

Comment

Originally posted by phooley View Post
          I have installed the new cable on top of the fuel tank to try and extend its life.

I thought about doing that but I was wondering if there would be any other associated problems? Why is this a problem anyway? Shouldn't that cable be waterproof?

Comment

Originally posted by jsz View Post
            I thought about doing that but I was wondering if there would be any other associated problems? Why is this a problem anyway? Shouldn't that cable be waterproof?
            lee actually recommends this method and he's a Tige service tech.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
              lee actually recommends this method and he's a Tige service tech.
              dog, didn't you say something about turning the steering wheel all the way to the left to retract the cable into the sheath? I am sure you said this also to preserve the life of the cable during long periods of non-activity on the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                dog, didn't you say something about turning the steering wheel all the way to the left to retract the cable into the sheath? I am sure you said this also to preserve the life of the cable during long periods of non-activity on the boat.
                Yeah, although I can't take credit for the idea, I think someone else mentioned it as well. It's now SOP for us as we put the boat away.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Here's an interesting idea http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ght=antifreeze check out post 6, 8 and 20. I sourced a 60cc syringe here http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/01342448/ and bought a couple. Having recently replaced my cable for the 2nd time in 5 years I'm gonna try the antifreeze method as a preventive measure.

Comment

Working...
                  X