Few Questions on Adjusting the Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Questions on Adjusting the Wake

I had a few questions about adjusting the wake while wakeboarding if someone Could enlighten me. My Uncle bought a new Tige I couldnt tell ya the model but I could tell you that he can trim the wake up to like 8 different settings or something. I was just wondering what most people set it at when wakeboarding. Particularly for jumping the wake. Also we dont have ballest so its mainly trying to figure out the right speed and distance the rope should be too. We are pretty good wakeboarders and are ready to jump the wake we just can't make it over yet and are getting frustrated. Im wondering if we arent setting the wake and speed up right plus the length of the line or what. I try to cut into the wake quite a bit but still dont know if its operator error or if we just dont have the right set up going. Any help would be great or suggestions.

Maybe if people could let us know what they are using there set up and length of their ropes also also wake setting and speed would be great

thanks alot

Too many variables. The best advice I can give you is to have your uncle adjust the trim so that the wake falls over just after the point where the rider crosses the wake. That setting will change due to weight in the boat and speed.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

OK ill try that out thanks man. Also I was talking to someone the other day who said that it could have to do with our rope that we are using. I heard the rope we have is used for slalom skiing? not sure but does it really make that big of a difference?

Comment

the small wakeboard ropes have no stretch the slalom ropes stretch bad

Comment

If you are using a slalom line, you won't want to let the whole thing out.

Comment

21 mph at TAPS 4-6 seems to work well for us. There is also 5-7 adults in that mixture.

Good luck. It's an ongoing process to find out what the best setting is.

Comment

Yeah, get a real wakeboard rope. Most pro shops are having their end-of-year sale. I just picked up a new handle for 40% off.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Keep an eye on boarders best buy, got a new one there last year much cheaper than I could have elsewhere. We have no ballast system and board around 21.5 mph with the taps at 6-7. Depends on the number of people in the boat, and the experience of the rider as well. You will get the hang of it, it just takes time and patience. Have fun with it, as you have a boat that will allow you to adjust your wake easily, unlike many others. It is amazing how much you can change the wake shape by moving people around the boat and adjusting the taps.

Comment

A wakeboard rope at 55-65' out at 21-22mph taps at 4-8 and you should have no trouble jumping wake to wake. Try this site for tips, the progressive turns are the key to Wto W. good luckhttp://www.wakeboarder.com/tricks/tricks.phtml

Comment

Your speed is probably going to depend on your weight as well. I'd also suggestion trying to keep as much tension on the line as possible. Just lock out your legs as you are hitting the top of the wake, and you should fly.

Comment

Working...
                    X