Need Help with 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with 22i

So I went to take my niece and her friend out this afternoon, the boat started, but I have no power to the TAPS, blower, bilge pump, or any lights. The gauges work, motor runs, radio works, TAPS doesn't work.

I checked all the fuses I could find, all good. The fuse breakers on the dash are fine, and since they are all not working I doubt it is a breaker anyway.

Can anyone give me an idea where I might find the fuse or breaker for the TAPS and accessories?

2005 22i.

Thanks for any help, I am going back out tomorrow with an electrical tester.
    Last edited by Seanmcd; 09-05-2008, 01:54 AM.

There are two inline fuses that run from the ignition switch. Follow the wires from there and you'll find them. That happened to me once. I called my dealer and he told me where to find them. They are standard fuses you can find in any Auto parts store...I want to say they were 10 or 12 amps. I'd find one and see what it says.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks Dog, I checked all the fuses I could see under th dash, I think there were about 6, but they all seemed fine.

I didn't have a elec tester so I couldn't tell if there was juice from the ignition switch. Any clue where the fuse may be would help.

Thank very much!

Comment

I have no power to the TAPS, blower, bilge pump, or any lights
        All these devices will have separate circuit protection, so it sounds like more then a fuse, I doubt you would pop 4+ fuses simultaneously.

Has the battery(s) been disturbed in any way: charged, replaced, moved, disconnected in order to do an upgrade project? Have you done any major projects like ballast or stereo?

All the inop circuits should branch off a main trunk line that would probably have it's own circuit protection near the battery. I would look around the battery area for a manual-reset breakers. Also look for a loose or corroded connection at the battery(s) or breaker panel.

Could just be a bad breaker panel. A DVOM or test light will help track it down.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Are all the wires attached to the batteries? Had a problem with my TAPS only to find out that I forgot to attach one wire to the + of the battery.

Note to self: Put tie-ties on them so you know how many you take off and then have to put back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanmcd View Post
            Thanks Dog, I checked all the fuses I could see under th dash, I think there were about 6, but they all seemed fine.

I didn't have a elec tester so I couldn't tell if there was juice from the ignition switch. Any clue where the fuse may be would help.

Thank very much!
            Ok, then I'd check the other end of the wiring harness to see if there's a bad connection on either power or ground.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Check on the positive battery post. There is a fuse that may look like a small block or it may be a typical fuse. It will be very near the positive post. Mine popped and did just as you described. If you have the smal "box" fuse replace it with an inline blade style fuse--then if anything happens again it's a really quick fuse swap instead of removing the circuit breaker and replacing it (which you probably won't find in stock).

When you find the fuse, bypass it by touching the wire to the pos. post and see if your accesories work--if they do it's the fuse. If they don't work after bypassing the fuse.....good luck.

box fuse will look similar to this.
              Attached Files
              Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Weird....So I go back today to fix my boat, and the guy at the Marina tells me "Hey, your boat's lights were on last night, I didn't see it til late...."

????

So I tell him the story, he says thats weird. I go check, and everything is working fine. Took boat out and it worked fine all day...

Doo-do-doo-do-doo-do-doo-do

Comment

Weird....So I go back today to fix my boat, and the guy at the Marina tells me "Hey, your boat's lights were on last night, I didn't see it til late...."

????

So I tell him the story, he says thats weird. I go check, and everything is working fine. Took boat out and it worked fine all day...

Doo-do-doo-do-doo-do-doo-do
                  Sounds like a loose ground wire somewhere or a pinched ground wire. I'd check your connections at the battery and work your way back to the dash and engine. I know it's not the same thing, but I had a battery connector go bad on my jet ski. It ran fine for hours, but when we shut it down it wouldn't start again. They do break.

Comment

I checked everything....The weird thing is after I parked the boat last night, it wasnt working at all, I checked all fuses again and nothing..

Then somehow, maybe when it got cooler?? Whatever was not working, fixed itself....

Which makes it hard to diagnose since it works fine now....I kinda wish it had stayed broken so I could have traced the problem, now I need to carry my elecctrical tester and tools around in the boat til it quits working again....

Cause you know it will, lol, Murphy's Law and all....

Comment

I checked everything....The weird thing is after I parked the boat last night, it wasnt working at all, I checked all fuses again and nothing..

Then somehow, maybe when it got cooler?? Whatever was not working, fixed itself....
                      You might want to pull your batteries and have them tested. If your battery plates are loose, that could explain it going dead, although most of the time when a battery shorts out, it will shut down your engine as well. Just a thought.

Comment

You might have one of those self healing Tige's that they invented j/k

That totally sucks. Been there done that and still doing that...

f'ing Windows Vista... Been battling it all AM.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                          f'ing Windows Vista... Been battling it all AM.
                          Exactly the reason I decided not to upgrade, XP rocks!

Comment

Working...
                          X