how to remove alternator '05 22V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove alternator '05 22V

I need help figuring out how to remove my alternator. Unfortunately I can't see behind it well enough to figure out how to release the tension on the serpentine belt and what needs to be unbolted to remove the alternator. Any specific help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
    2003 Tige 22V w/315hp Merc.. and loving it!!

There are tension bolts on the top pully on the port side of the engine on mine (MP MAG 350efi). I have no idea of the size, but adjusting my belt tension takes all of 30 seconds--if that. Figuring it out the first time is the hardest obviously.
    Reach around and feel the center of the "wheels/pulleys" in your serpentine assembly. The one with the bolts sticking out is your huckleberry. Engineers aren't totally stupid, so it should be the pulley you can most easily access.

hope that helps a bit
    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

What engine do you have?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

sorry.. i thought that i had included it... it's the 315hp Merc... thanks
        2003 Tige 22V w/315hp Merc.. and loving it!!

Comment

Same as mine then.
          If you're kneeling in the port locker (remove the wall) the pully on the top, port side is your target. You'll need a crescent wrench and a wrench to fit the nut.

1. Put the box end wrench on the nut and the crescent wrench on the bolt sticking out.
          2. Loosen the nut. The belt will slack.
          3. Put tension on the crescent wrench until the belt is tight and re-torque the nut.
          4. You're done. Go have a beer to reward your hard work.
          Wasn't that easy and painless?
          Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Working...
          X