Prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop question

When I bought my boat the owner gave me a prop. What I have on the boat now is a 13.5 x17.5 the spare is a 14x18.5 So I was wondering if the spare would be better for surfing and that is we do most? Any help would be great. both are 4 blade props.
    I will run about 720 in the port locker and another 400 under the seat. with about another 800-1000 in people ballast.

Thanks
    Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

The spare prop will be slower from the start but more top end speed.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
      The spare prop will be slower from the start but more top end speed.
      Thanks Lee, so I will keep that as the the spare then. Thanks again Lee.

Sam
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by samw View Post
        ... What I have on the boat now is a 13.5 x17.5 the spare is a 14x18.5 So I was wondering if the spare would be better for surfing and that is we do most? ... I will run about 720 in the port locker and another 400 under the seat. with about another 800-1000 in people ballast.
        Our boat came with an OJ 14x18. It seemed to struggle to get people up and we don't have any ballast, but was better than our old boat. We put on an Acme #537 13.5x16 at the beginning of this season and what a difference. I never go over 35 mph so I don't know if I lost anything at the top end. I had to adjust the way I pushed the throttle because we had plenty of power to pull up skiers. We were yanking the handles right out of their hands. Just a firm push on the throttle and it never bogs, except when we submarine the tubes. I think the PP holds speed better in the turns, too.

Comment

We put the 537 on this year and if you do, you will never regret it. Lost some top speed, but I don't need it anyway. Helped with the gas mileage too as I don't use nearly the throttle to pull up boarders.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I will stick with what I have then. I will think about getting a new one over the winter.
            15 Escalade ESV-Black
            08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Working...
            X