07 RZ 2 a pig out of the....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 RZ 2 a pig out of the....

Any one else having trouble with their 07 RZ2. I had the 400 hp put into it because I wanted plenty of power. The only thing I have is a headache...the taps plate has to be at 1 for me to get on plane with 6 adults and 4- 50lb kids in the boat...no water in the boat either!!!

HELP

What prop is it running, what is the altitude of your lake? Sounds like the wrong screw
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am at Tahoe, 6000 ft. A 16 prop.

Comment

Originally posted by damienfertitta View Post
        Any one else having trouble with their 07 RZ2. I had the 400 hp put into it because I wanted plenty of power. The only thing I have is a headache...the taps plate has to be at 1 for me to get on plane with 6 adults and 4- 50lb kids in the boat...no water in the boat either!!!

HELP
        Something is wrong, I have the 24Ve and run with ballast all the time, and it still pulls well. I only have the 340 HP engine. Recently, I had no ballast in the boat, it had been a while, it felt like a rocket. Hope its something simple for you.
        http://wake9.com/

Comment

Oh yeah, I think the hi-alt ACME is something like a 13 pitch. Did you buy new from a local dealer?

*EDIT* Reread your 1st post, looks like you ordered the boat to your spec's. Dealer should have made sure it had a better suited prop on it.
          Last edited by chpthril; 08-20-2008, 11:56 PM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by damienfertitta View Post
            I am at Tahoe, 6000 ft. A 16 prop.
            Tahoe is def going to suck some power. You need to speak with someone with experience up there for prop size and stuff.
            http://wake9.com/

Comment

I'm at altitude with the 340HP and an Acme 537 and we run ballast all the time with no problems. I think something else is wrong.

Comment

Did you take the boat off of the trailer?
                "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

I have ran my RZ2 at Union Valley, CA with minimal power issues. At 4380 like you are, there shouldn't be issues like you are saying. Have you drove your boat <2000 feet elevation?

Comment

Yeah, I'd be curious what the top speed and WOT RPM are! Timmy poked a hole in the prop theory

Comment

With the 6.0 engine I believe you have the Acme 381 which is 13.5 x 17.5, you might want to try an Acme 537 prop which would be an 13.5 x 16.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        Yeah, I'd be curious what the top speed and WOT RPM are! Timmy poked a hole in the prop theory
                        Even then I can hit 40/41 up here and my home lake is ~ 5,400'

Comment

I agree, Lee thinks he might have the wrong prop on there for the elevation. I would happen to agree since I have ran my RZ2 at 2600 with the Acme 537 without an issue. Yes, does take longer to get to plain but I can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                            I agree, Lee thinks he might have the wrong prop on there for the elevation. I would happen to agree since I have ran my RZ2 at 2600 with the Acme 537 without an issue. Yes, does take longer to get to plain but I can do it.
                            You might want the 857 which is 13.25 x 15.5 with .060 cup instead of .105 cup.

Comment

Do they put a different transmission gear ratio in for boats at altitude? I know my Rinker had different gears for the elevation so you could still use the same pitch prop as sea level.

Comment

Working...
                              X