NO WATER WHEN PLUG IS PULLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO WATER WHEN PLUG IS PULLED

I am a new to tige boats and v-drives, so anything will help. Just bought an 07 24ve and the dealer told me there is a constant drip on the drive to keep cool, so there will always be water in bilge. I assume this drip comes from the same place as the motor cooler?? the motor hasnt overheated is the drive??

The only time I ever have any water in the bilge is if I take a roller over the bow
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Is the dealer a Tige dealer? These boats don't drip water into the bilge like other brands.

Comment

If your boat is an older used one it will drip very little from the drive shaft packing. If it is newer, not sure of exactly when--I'd guess around '03-'04, it will have a teflon seal in there that will not leak at all unless something is wrong.
        Do a search for "packing change" Spharis did a write up that is a sticky now and it has very good instructions how to change packing and he has pictures so you can see exactly what he's talking about.
        Zad also posted pics of the PSS system that will not leak at all. See which your boat has and go from there.

It is normal for your bilge to have a small amount of water--the bow takes water if you drive wrong, when the boat is tied up water can splash off the transom and go between the pads, the cooler drains into the bilge, etc.....if you have more than a little you may wanna see where it's coming from. My bilge pump has never once went off except around a sharp corner while it was on the trailer after I took a couple rollers over the bow.

Hope that helps and WELCOME to the site!!
        Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

I have a 2000 2300V and I don't get any water when I pull my plug as well. If your transmission sounds normal, I wouldn' worry about it.

Comment

MIne drips way too much even tho its been adjusted, actually its more like a spray
            Everything happens for a reason
            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Yours has a dripless shaft seal, so the only water will be what is brought onboard from swimmers, rollers, and melted ice from the cooler.

Congrats and welcome
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                MIne drips way too much even tho its been adjusted, actually its more like a spray
                Told ya it was time to just change it
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yours shouldnt drip at all. Your bilge should be bone dry.
                  Common Sense is not so Common
                  Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

thanks everyone, for good info and replies

Comment

My biggest source of water in the bilge is all the people in and out of the boat when we stop to change riders. Everyone wants to cool off. Otherwise, stays pretty dry.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
                        My biggest source of water in the bilge is all the people in and out of the boat when we stop to change riders. Everyone wants to cool off. Otherwise, stays pretty dry.
                        I get this and water through my blower vent every time I stop and my wake hits the back of the boat.
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

As others have stated you should not get any water in the bilge if you do not take any water in over the bow.

However if you have kids like mine and their friends they will constantly jump in and out of the water to swim etc. then you will see some water in the bilge. It's amazing how much water six kids can bring into the boat just from jumping in and out. Just about every inch is soaked as they often go from the stern to the bow to jump into the water.

Sometimes I think they have more fun doing this rather than wakeboarding.

Comment

Working...
                          X