mp 340HP test, disable speedpass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mp 340HP test, disable speedpass

Does anyone know how to disable speedpass? I am thinking it might be causing my problems. The cruise switch does not disable speedpass for me. When cruising, I can switch the cruise switch to off and it does not cancel the speedpass. I would like to test my boat on the lake tomorrow with speedpass completely out of the loop and disabled so I can maybe troubleshoot the problem. Boat is 2007 20V, Marinepower 340HP. thanks.

If you have already set the speedpass when cruising, then simply switching the speedpass switch to "OFF" will not disable the cruise control. If you are "cruising", you must click the switch to "OFF" and then pull back on the throttle (back to neutral) and it will be OFF. That is how it is "supposed" to work. I think that it should disengage if you click the switch to OFF while cruising but unfortunately that is not the case.
    If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

You just want to reset it? Turn it off then turn it back on and off again and it will be set to 0.

Comment

?

well at least the switch is working correctly. I just wanted to disable it completely somehow in order to isolate a problem I am having. take speedpass completely out of the loop, like it isnt even installed.

Comment

Do not think you can, it is tied into the ECM.

Comment

Working...
          X