Still have an MP 340 hp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still have an MP 340 hp problem

Ok, here's what was going on...New 21i running great, but every now and then when accelerating, rpm's drop and engine starts sputtering and popping. I would have to throttle to neutral and take off again. Usually it would take off fine.
    Told Tige about it and they said it sounded like a computer problem. Took it to Tige and they reprogrammed computer.
    Took it out and it would still have the same problems, but not as often. Today (boat is @ 19 hrs about ready for the 20 hr maintenance) took off after swimming in a cove and boat does this again, but dies. Try to start it up and it won't turn over. Temp is fine, oil pressure is fine, battery is great. It's like it is a fuel filter or fuel pump problem. Had to tow it in (ticked off because this is the whole reason I got a brand new boat).
    Anybody have any ideas on what this is - excluding computer, grounding, and water in fuel?
    Also, will something like this be covered under warranty since it is less than 1 year from purchase and only has 19 hrs on it?
    Thanks

It could be bad gas as well.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I would try the gas thing and then ask the dealer directly. Does not seem that you ought to be having issues with a boat that has 19 hours on it. You have checked the fluids?

Comment

No bad gas guys. Been filling it up with shell regular from a new station since I got it. I know some of you have talked about a pressure regulator or vapor lock issues on these Marine Power engines. Somebody has got to know what's going on. Please let me know...I'm missing valuable time on the lake!!!

Comment

It should not be doing this. Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. Its under warranty.

Comment

?

two possibilities that i have come across are ecm flash, loose ground on one or both batts. also,

the guy kko on this thread seems to have a fix:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5497

have you been able to contact him?
            Last edited by wannab0133; 07-22-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I had a similar problem on my 20v with the same engine, turned out to be a loose ground on the low pressure fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
              X