Fuel Filling Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filling Problem

I just purchased a new 07 24Ve and every time I try to fill it with gas it shoots gas back at me when it is not even close to full and over and over again as I am filling it. I have owned other boats in the past and you would have to watch it when it was getting close to full but this one does it no matter what and to a bigger extent. I pump the gas very slowly, not even letting it sit in the slowest click on the nozzel, I keep my hand on it so I can pump it even slower. I took it back to the dealer and had them check for kinks in the vent line but they said everything looked fine and to try opening the other side gas cap while I was filling but that didn't help either. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution or does anyone have any other ideas?
    God Bless

Welcome....

It you have now been baptized
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

There is a problem with this but there are solutions. The fuel cap on the other side of the boat can be removed when filling or continue to fill at the rate you are.. Some people don't fill up entirely also... But it's common with the 24Ve so far... My 2006 did it...

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
        Welcome....

It you have now been baptized
        LOL, unfortunately but true...

Comment

Is the gas station you fill up at uneaven... is the nose of you boat higher then the back. If it is that will create a pocket in the tank and cause the gas to spit out.

Don't fell bad this has happened to everyone of us
          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I have tried opening the other side gas cap and it did not help. I have filled up at several different gas stations and they have all been relatively level. Any other suggestions???
            God Bless

Comment

Try and find a gas station on a slope....

really there is nothing you can do but fill slowly and listen fir it filling up. I stop every few gallons when I'm getting full to let the pocket burp before it gets me.

Comment

Maybe you can get lower drop down hitch.

What size do you use now?

Comment

We have a 3" because our boat trailer has 20"s on it so our boat still sits nose down, slightly.
                  God Bless

Comment

This is a common problem with many Tigé owners.

1) Don't try and overfill. First click off...stop.
                    2) Hold a handful of paper towels around the fill vent to catch any gas-burp.
                    3) Listen at the fuel filler outlet for the sound of gas burbling. You're close to clicking off. Don't overfill.
                    4) Overfilling can expand the tank if you make a very tight seal trying to add more gas, and as soon as the seal is released, gas vomits back all over you. Don't overfill.
                    5) Some people have had success holding the fill nozzle upside down vertically. Don't overfill!

There was another thread with this exact subject....search for it.

-Mike
                    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Gotta turn the nozzle upside down. Must make the fuel flow smoother. It is the only way I have found to keep the dreaded burp from happening.

Comment

Welcome to getting gas all over you. I forgot about it last time I filled up and it got me good right in the face. Just stopfor about 15 seconds every few gallons especially when you are getting close to being full.

Comment

Wow. I must be lucky as this has never happenned with my Tige, but I have been gas baptized next to my friends Advantage. More like a shower. Soaked. Was not a happy camper
                          Let it be!!!

Comment

exact same thing happened to me with the z1, the response never did it so i wasnt expecting it and got a great one all over me, really took me by surprise.

Comment

this problem has been going on and discussed for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X