RZ2 340HP MP - what's idle RPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ2 340HP MP - what's idle RPM?

Anyone know what RPM the 340hp Marine Power is supposed to idle at? Yesterday while I was waiting for my buddy to bring the truck to the ramp it seemed like my boat was idling a little on the low side, seemed a little rough. It's idling in the 600 rpm range when not in gear. Is that right?

That's what mine idles at, but it's a Merc. Seem about right tho.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

That sounds about right.

Comment

If it is running rough, then it's probably misfiring. Stepping up the idle will only mask the real problem. You may want to have him check his plugs to make sure they are in good shape and making good connections with the plug wires.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I wasn't wanting to step up the idle, was just curious to see if that was where it should be. I'm going to hook it up to the fake-a-lake and see if it sounds rough out of the water and if so I will take it in.

Comment

If it feels rough, could indicate that he engine and drive train may need a realignment
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              If it feels rough, could indicate that he engine and drive train may need a realignment
              Is that a normal maintenance item? I have 102 hours on the boat now.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                Is that a normal maintenance item? I have 102 hours on the boat now.
                I think it is a recommended service at "X" number of hours. I need to look through the owners manual and see.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

OK, from the Marine Power Owners Manual:

Check engine mounts: After 1st 10 hrs, every 100hrs, Once a year.

Check Prop and shaft Alignment: Once a year.

Comment

Thanks! I guess I should look through the manual and see what else needs to be done.

Comment

6-700 is about the norm if its not stalling or running rough you prob. ok.

Comment

Mine idles smooth 6-700 indicated on the tach.

Comment

Mine was definitely not hitting 700, on the digital and analog gauge it was right around 600 (590-610 on the digital readout).

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                            That will not affect the engine at idle in netrual.

Comment

yep
                              http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Working...
                              X