Fuel Gauge???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Gauge???

On my 02' 21V the fuel gauge has seemed to never work since we bought it new. We have had the gauge replaced many times and recently had the fuel sending unit replaced. Has anyone else experienced this?

Originally posted by rtmcdonald View Post
    On my 02' 21V the fuel gauge has seemed to never work since we bought it new. We have had the gauge replaced many times and recently had the fuel sending unit replaced. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Everyone LOLLOLLOLLOL
    some of use have added a fuel flow gauge they work realy well
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Yep, I've never owned a boat that the fuel gauge worked correctly on. We just took a log the first few times out and have learned about how much gas the boat uses during our sets.
      "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Yes, added a fuel flow gauge - works great. Still carry a spare gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
          Everyone LOLLOLLOLLOL
          some of use have added a fuel flow gauge they work realy well
          I figured I was not alone on this fuel issue. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by R&T Babich View Post
            Yes, added a fuel flow gauge - works great. Still carry a spare gallon.
            x2 Definitely get the fuel flow gauge. I got the Faria Fuel Flow Manager
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

99 out of 100 it's the sending unit, not the gauge. I got the part number for one about the same year as yours just last week, so if you think you need a sending unit, it's still available.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                99 out of 100 it's the sending unit, not the gauge. I got the part number for one about the same year as yours just last week, so if you think you need a sending unit, it's still available.
                We've already replaced the sending unit and had the same lously results. I think the fuel flow meter everyone is talking about should solve it.

Comment

We've already replaced the sending unit and had the same lously results. I think the fuel flow meter everyone is talking about should solve it.
                  It's a pretty easy install. You will need to get an in-line fuel filter and the butt connectors at the dash are kind of a pain.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                  X