Sluggish Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sluggish Start

Took the boat out for the first time this year. When I started it on the trailer, it started a little "sluggish". It didn't fire straight away like it normally does. Then later on the beach I went to start it again, and had to three times, before it fired. Also (although this could be my imagination) it seemed a little "under powered".

Maybe I need new plugs? Maybe a bad batch of gas? what do you guys think?

BTW it's a 2005 Vortec 5.7L

Originally posted by wlfnvegas View Post
    Took the boat out for the first time this year. When I started it on the trailer, it started a little "sluggish". It didn't fire straight away like it normally does. Then later on the beach I went to start it again, and had to three times, before it fired. Also (although this could be my imagination) it seemed a little "under powered".

Maybe I need new plugs? Maybe a bad batch of gas? what do you guys think?

BTW it's a 2005 Vortec 5.7L
    Bad GAS

Fill her up with some 91.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry, but skip the 91oct. Spoiled gas has lost some BTU's and also needs more heat to ignite just like higher octane. This could compound you problem.

When is the last time the fuel/water sep was replaced? Are the batteries fully charged? If originals, may be a good idea to have them checked by a pro.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Your gas is stale. Either drain your tank and put some fresh gas in there or get some additive to freshen up your fuel.

Next time you store your boat for a long time, put some Stabil in it.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
        X