starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problems

I have been experiencing some starting issues when the engine seems to have run for awhile. Don't remember it being a problem when the engine is cold. When I turn the key nothing happens, I turn it a couple of times and it has started up to this point. Sometimes I have moved the throttle just to make sure I am in neutral. I have not lifted the engine cover to see if there is clicking sounds at the starter (didn't know to do that).
    So, I pulled the starter off and took it to be checked, it passed w/ 2 pulls on the starter. The man told me it looked better then most he has seen. I located the solenoid and may buy another just in case. I did notice that the post didn't look clean like they should be so I clean the posts on the starter and solenoid. Could this be my problem? any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Chp, am I seeing this corretly or do you have anything to add...

Thanks
    Dale
    2000 21i Tige

TRD, I will make a point to have my test light and DVOM meter with me next Sat, so if it acts up, we can isolate it.

Will either be ignition (key) switch, neutral safety switch, or starter solenoid. It could also just need the shift cable adjusted, which means it's the NSS doing is job.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X