Loose Tower Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose Tower Mounts

Back from a full weekend of camping/skiing. Two E tower mounts need to be tightened.

I tried tightening the port side hex head screw with an allen wrench while there, but it did not last. Does anyone know what the hex head screw is locking into, should it be in a threaded hole thru to both pieces, or does it just apply pressure to the smaller piece?

For the starboard, looks like my option is to loosen up both the bolt underneath and the hex head screw, twist the lower part back into place and tighten.

Comments?
    Attached Files

Rear: 5/16 allen through gunwale - tighten to 22ft/lb's

Front: 13/16 deepwell socket (I think) - tighten to 22ft/lb's

Little allen on front legs - Cant remember what size, but remove them, clean both the male and female threads with a de-greaser, apply blue lock-tite and tighten.

Did mine after 1st season, have not had to re-torque.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril, should get out there today to fix. On the port side, this time it was not the 15/16 bolts, but the little allen screws. I was particular wondering about the function of the little allen screws. I have some red loctite left over from another project.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Rear: 5/16 allen through gunwale - tighten to 22ft/lb's

Front: 13/16 deepwell socket (I think) - tighten to 22ft/lb's

Little allen on front legs - Cant remember what size, but remove them, clean both the male and female threads with a de-greaser, apply blue lock-tite and tighten.

Did mine after 1st season, have not had to re-torque.
        Got it all tightened, with loctite for the allens, and tower legs straightened as well. Will see.

Front: 3/4 deepwell was needed. I tightened to 22ft/lbs.

Comment

Working...
        X