Where to get a Steering cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get a Steering cable

Ok I have a 2004 switch-v, I have pulled out the old cable, and now how do I figure out what it is?
    Also what is the correct way to measure it?
    Can I replace just the cable, or do I have to change out the whole stem?

Thanks
    David W.
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
    .... how do I figure out what it is?
    Also what is the correct way to measure it? ...
    There should be a number on one end that indicates the style and length. Teleflex is probably what you'll end up with. Here's a page on their site to help decode the numbers that are hopefully on your old cable - http://www.teleflexmarine.com/docume...002_5_1071.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
      Ok I have a 2004 switch-v, I have pulled out the old cable, and now how do I figure out what it is?
      Also what is the correct way to measure it?
      Can I replace just the cable, or do I have to change out the whole stem?

Thanks
      David W.
      Look on your cable for something like SSC13418. The last two digits are the length of the cable.

Comment

Steering cable

I just replaced mine and got the best price on ebay by $40.00. It came with a new steering wheel that I didn't need but it was still the cheapest by a long shot. My old one didn't have any numbers on it but the site tells you how to measure correctly. Quick shipping -boat store usa $109.99

Comment

Originally posted by hubdawg View Post
          I just replaced mine and got the best price on ebay by $40.00. It came with a new steering wheel that I didn't need but it was still the cheapest by a long shot. My old one didn't have any numbers on it but the site tells you how to measure correctly. Quick shipping -boat store usa $109.99
          Send SPBFAN a PM as well. He might be able to help.
          Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

www.boatersland.com is the cheapest I've seen

Comment

Working...
            X