PerfectPass Paddle Wheel Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PerfectPass Paddle Wheel Replacement

I managed to smash my paddle wheel and it's completely gone. Is this an easy replacement? If so, where do I get the parts?
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

From what I've read recently, the normal Tige Paddle wheel will work. Just need to find one. Maybe West marine??

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
      I managed to smash my paddle wheel and it's completely gone. Is this an easy replacement? If so, where do I get the parts?
      The paddle wheel assy is a standard Airmar ST300 sensor. (S = speed, T = temp)
      Here's a link to their info: http://www.airmar.com/pdfs/install/17_274-01_r02.pdf

The paddle wheel kit no. is 33-350-01. I think they were around $16 from Airmar. The wheel is held in place with a SS shaft. Should be real easy to replace. Just be sure the flats on the wheel face forward.

Comment

Originally posted by R&T Babich View Post
        The paddle wheel assy is a standard Airmar ST300 sensor. (S = speed, T = temp)
        Here's a link to their info: http://www.airmar.com/pdfs/install/17_274-01_r02.pdf

The paddle wheel kit no. is 33-350-01. I think they were around $16 from Airmar. The wheel is held in place with a SS shaft. Should be real easy to replace. Just be sure the flats on the wheel face forward.
        Even if the two vanes on either side are bent?

Thanks for the info.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I think you can get just the "plug" insert which would be the vanes and the wheel assy.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
            Those are there to protect the wheel

Paddle wheels are pretty easy to change.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Its just one whole assembly and should be simple enough to screw out the old and screw in the new as long as the housing isnt damaged
                Last edited by zad0030; 05-19-2008, 01:15 PM.
                Common Sense is not so Common
                Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Ok, so here's the deal. I called Airmar and they referred me to one of their distributors, Gemeco, out of South Carolina. 1 Paddlewheel kit shipped to my door is $28 and change. I went ahead and ordered 2 for a total of $47 and change. It goes out same day.

You can call Gemeco at 843-210-7000. They also have the complete ST300 for sale as well.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Comment

Just an update. It took me exactly 5 minutes to change this out. Most of the time was just removing the middle seat base that covers the V-Drive which is where my paddlewheel is located. The paddlewheel was missing one of it's paddles and the vanes had been completely mashed down. I unbent them, put in the new paddle wheel and o-rings and I was on my way!

My service manager told me that there was also a plug that came with my PerfectPass that would allow me to do this on the water.

Comment

Just an update. It took me exactly 5 minutes to change this out. Most of the time was just removing the middle seat base that covers the V-Drive which is where my paddlewheel is located. The paddlewheel was missing one of it's paddles and the vanes had been completely mashed down. I unbent them, put in the new paddle wheel and o-rings and I was on my way!

My service manager told me that there was also a plug that came with my PerfectPass that would allow me to do this on the water.
                      got any pics? I'm tempted to put one in to enhance my GPS PP...and get the temp sensor especially if its @28 shipped. Curious what size the hole is etc.
                      Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by jleger98 View Post
                        got any pics? I'm tempted to put one in to enhance my GPS PP...and get the temp sensor especially if its @28 shipped. Curious what size the hole is etc.
                        The link to an Airmar PDF in 3rd post of this thread has detailed drawings and dimensions.

Comment

The $28 was just for the paddlewheel, not for the Airmar sensor assembly.

Comment

any idea what the whole thing costs?

Comment

Originally posted by R&T Babich View Post
                              The link to an Airmar PDF in 3rd post of this thread has detailed drawings and dimensions.
                              Doh!! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X