Tight Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tight Steering Wheel

Hi all. I know that there has been some discussion on replacing steering wheel cables lately. I took my 06 22i out recently and found the steering much tigher than last year. Should I be thinking of replacing or will it loosen up over time? Doesn't really bother me that much but I want to make sure it won't lead to bigger problems. Thanks!

Steering cable. It may loosen up but not likely.

You are an I drive owner so its a DIY job. Wont take very long.
    There are plenty of How tos posted around.

It wont lead to bigger problems, but just might get stiffer.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Work some WD40 in there (@ the rudder end) and it may loosen up some, but odds are it will need a new cable by this time next season (if not sooner).
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It will just get worse. I had to raise the fuel tank on my VDrive, so check into it. You might need to burn up all your fuel before doing the job.

Comment

Same problem on my '03 20i. Steering wheel is very hard to turn. Same suggestions? Others?

Thanks!

-Mike
          Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopykat View Post
            Same problem on my '03 20i. Steering wheel is very hard to turn. Same suggestions? Others?

Thanks!

-Mike
            Yep, Steering Cable.

Read this- http://www.wakeboatworld.com/index.p...d=29&Itemid=35
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Have you tried lubing the rudder? I thought my cable was going out last year and then my rudder hit bottom. The shop repaired the rudder but left the cable alone. After the repair you could turn the wheel easily w/ 1 finger. now it is feeling tighter again. I will see if lubing it will get it back.

Comment

Working...
              X