Battery disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery disconnect

Does it seem right that on a 08 22ve with the battery switch turned to off that the accessories will still work like the blower, lights etc? Seems like it defeats the purpose of cutting all power to the boat IMHO. Dealer says this is how the 08's are. Can anyone tell me if this is right or wrong?

That is correct. It disconnects the engine system such as the starter and the accessories are wired to the House battery.

Its like a poor man's anti-theft
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      That is correct. It disconnects the engine system such as the starter and the accessories are wired to the House battery.

Its like a poor man's anti-theft
      House battery meaning deep cycle? Still seems to defeat the purpose, if a switch is accidentily left on the deep cycle would be dead. I am just used to something different since my old boat had #1/#2/off. We found that the stereo memory over time would drain. My Tige owners manual would lead me to believe the stereo is wired to #1 starter battery, so sounds like this won't happen.

My worst fear is a dead battery.

Comment

all you have to do is stick your head under dash and flip to the 2 switches on the breaker box. they look like little light switches they say on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
          all you have to do is stick your head under dash and flip to the 2 switches on the breaker box. they look like little light switches they say on and off.
          Duh! I didn't think of that one. I don't think I have even focused on that panel yet.

Comment

Working...
          X