Fuel gauge goes to full and stays there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel gauge goes to full and stays there

Either my 2005 24v has a fuel gauge issue or it burns no fuel. Any ideas on what to check to get this working?
    2005 Tige 24v
    Wake and Bake!

Sounds like the float system used in the tank is stuck in the high/full position.

-Mike
    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

See if this post will help

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...7&postcount=18
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Is this a commen problem? I noticed mine said "F" all day yesterday (for 2 hrs, maybe 30 min of run time). I bought the boat used, and put 10 gal in it. I have no idea how much fuel is in there. It may be full??

Comment

Originally posted by Waterski-Rebel View Post
          Is this a commen problem? I noticed mine said "F" all day yesterday (for 2 hrs, maybe 30 min of run time). I bought the boat used, and put 10 gal in it. I have no idea how much fuel is in there. It may be full??
          This can be normal due to the length of the tank, you may not see a drop in level till near .5 tank.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mine stays on full for a long, long time....then drops like a rock to about 1/2-2/3. No big deal really. As long as it reads somewhat accurately at lower levels I don't mind too much. Just don't wanna run out of gas while "on full!"
            Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Just get a fuel flow meter, you'll be happier!
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

As Jason B says, my gauge takes a long time to come down. The reason for this is my fuel tank is very long: from console to the back seat and the pick-up is mounted in the rear of the tank. Since the boat, even sitting still, naturally tilts its nose in the air, the gas in the tank will stay in the back of the tank. It's not until the gas drops down to a level where the pick-up starts dropping when the gauge show some movement. When I see my gas gauge start to move, I know it's time to start thinking about another loan!!

Comment

Working...
                X