Intemittent Starting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intemittent Starting Problem

Lately I've noticed an intermittant problem with starting my Tige'. The symtom usually only occurs when starting the boat the first time for the day. When the key is turned, nothing happens, no clicks from the battery, nothing. The accessories work and the battery is charged. After several attempts I usually try moving the throttle back and forth slightly to make sure that it isn't a problem with the nuetral position safety. Usually, it then starts but I'm not sure it's a nuetral position problem. It happened again after running for over an hour and would not start. I had my infant daughter and wife with me and we were about 10 lakes away from the boat ramp through the Winter Haven, FL chain of lakes. I made sure the battery cables were tight and tried several more times with nothing happening. It then started after another attempt. I'm guessing it could be an ignition switch problem or it could be the nuetral position safety. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem.
    Check the connections on the back of the ignition switch. Make sure the screws are tight.

Also, check the 10 pin connector. I had a pin pushed back in mine
    Good luck

Donny

Comment

It definitely sounds like a neutral safety switch problem to me. I have to rock my throtle back and forth a little just about every time to start my boat.

Comment

I checked the connections on the switch. They seemed fine.

What is "the 10 PIN harness". Are you talking about the wiring harness?

Comment

Cheeseman,

Check your PM

Comment

I appreciate the help you guys have suggested. I'll give tehm a try.

Comment

I know this was a long time ago, but what ended up fixing your problem?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X