TAPS Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS Gauge

I have a 2000 Tige' 21V Ltd. Recently my TAPS gauge stopped working but the trim tab still works. At first I thought it might be the guage. However, I'm not sure that is the problem because the the needle is to the far left (wakeboard) when the key is off, but moves to the far right (slalom) when the key is on. Once the key is on, the needle stays to the far right (slalom) regardless of the tab position. Since the needle moves when the key is on, the guage is getting power. My guess is that the problem is between the guage and the trim tab. Any suggestions what I should try?

I have the same problem but mine jumps every now and then. Would like to see what is the problem

Comment

not sure what the problem actually is, I can usually just give mine a little "tap" (pardon the pun) and it usually moves to where it needs to be, not sure who manufactured the gauge, all the other ones on my boat are Faria, if they manufactured it they can repair it, I've had them repair my tachometer twice over the years
      "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

I replaced my gauge and it everything seems to be working fine. I've had to put 3 different gauges in since I've had the boat. I do have issues with the tach and spedo. Usually a tap on the gauge gets them working again.

Comment

Where did you find the gauge?

Comment

Working...
          X