another fake-a-lake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another fake-a-lake question

I hooked up the fake a lake and started the motor - after an initial burst of water - I didn't get any more water out of the exhaust so I freaked, shut down the motor, and took my boat to the shop for service. I'm ready to give it a try again. Is there a thermostat or something that keeps water from initially coming out of the exhaust? Or am I hooking the thing up wrong? any help would be appreciated.

Water should always be flowing out the exhaust to cool it, regardless of whether or not the thermo is open or closed.

Did they replace the impeller?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah impeller was new.

Comment

If your boat is completely drained from the winter it might take a while to get water to start flowing. Don't worry, your engine has an alarm that will sound if it's overheating.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I agree, if it was completely drained it's going to take a few seconds to fill the block and then have the water start exiting the system - path of least resistance!

Comment

once you start motor place your hand on the cover of the water pump if you feal it start to get hot shut it down your not sucking water if it remains cool its sucking water and give it a minute and you should have water from exhaust.

Comment

Thanx guys I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. I was gonna work on it this weekend but the weather turned foul.

Comment

This is a bit off topic but still a bit relevant:

If you are using a bucket (sucking in anti-freeze for example) MAKE SURE you prime the hose to the fake-a-lake. It WILL NOT suck anti-freeze/water out of a bucket!! I burnt up an impeller learning that
                Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Working...
                X