wakeboard racks !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wakeboard racks !!

i just bought a tige 06 tige 22v. is there any way to tighten up the wake board racks so that they dont have slack in them when they are locked out. the move around a bit and its kind of annoying and makes them sound like junk... does anyone know what im talking about?

I would imagine you could use some kind of rubber washers to tighten them up... I can't think if there's anything on my boat off the top of my head...
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Not sure what position you mean when you say locked out, if that is outboard and in use or turned inboard and the spring lock engaged.

I have read many threads by several people on this forum regarding board racks breaking off, and I believe it is mainly on 06 Models. You may want to carefully inspect all of the bolts at the base of the rack where it attaches to the pivoting base plate and make sure all the screws are in place and tight. I am pretty sure many people with 06's have had their racks upgraded or replaced with the 07's. According to a few people there has been some close calls as they broke off while underway and nearly hit people in the boat.

I am sure someone else here will chime in and mention what to look for, Chpthril, CP3, Razz, Tall, Dom, or Dabell I am sure will know.
      I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

scoot18 is right. You might want to contact Harvey or Lee at Tige to see if they can help you. There were quite a few threads on this a while back.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Make sure it's not due to loose bolt!!! These are known to loosen up and also break.

If the bolts are ok, and the movement is between the scallop and the lock pin, I dont know that there any way to fix that! Your best solution would be to upgrade to the 07 design with the crank bolt to hold it tight.

I kept the 06 design and had a machine shop weld in a gusset to prevent any further problems. Search "board rack" and you will find my fix near the end of the thread.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

welll what im talking about is when they are locked out to the outside you can literally take the board rack and move it back and forth. when you are driving the wind will push them and the wiggle all over the place and make lots of noise and stuff. makes you feel like the whole boat is clanking and looks junky. how can i get a hold of theese guys. i love my boat but now it scares me to drive with boards in them. i def. dont want my family getting hurt !!!!!!!

thanks

Comment

I went ahead with an '07 mod to my 2006 22Ve wakeboard rack back in April/May of 2007. It seemed solid all last summer - happy with it. See photo.
              Attached Files

Comment

what did that cost you. im thinking that is what im gonna have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kana12 View Post
                  what did that cost you. im thinking that is what im gonna have to do.
                  Back then - still within one year of my purchase, it landed somewhere between "keep the customer happy" and warranty. I wanted the '07 design upgrade fix and not the welding fix like others opted for. Mine never broke, so it wasn't a true warranty item, although several others had worse results per last year's posts. Andrew from Tige and Dave at Skidogs in Auburn, WA took care of it - there was never any hesitation. I think I paid shipping. Had to ship both wakeboard rack assy's back to Tige for retrofit, and then they shipped them back to Skidogs for install.

Comment

Look at the rack real close while rocking back and forth.........is the movement between the area of the yellow circle or the red square?

If in the yellow circle, that is slop between the lock pin and scollop. No fix but to replace.

If between the 2 pieces bolted together in the red square, then you need to fix or replace immediately!!!!!

If you get replacements, hopefully you will get a pair of the new-for-08, 1 piece billet racks. No more bolted together seam where the red square is. These are currently used on the Z1's I've seen.
                    Attached Files
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Or Tige can provide you with the '08 racks in late '07. Okay, that is what I got when I warrantied my 06 racks. They even came with Chpthril's modification from the factory.

Comment

ok. cool. so who do i need to contact and how do i get a hold of them. my movement is from the yellow circle mostly but there is a tiny bit in the red square also.

Comment

Yah not a whole lot of fix except to replace with the new it just sucks cause u have to get the new uprights too anyone hook up the new racks with the old uprights?

Comment

Originally posted by Studman View Post
                            Yah not a whole lot of fix except to replace with the new it just sucks cause u have to get the new uprights too anyone hook up the new racks with the old uprights?
                            Just gotta drill a whole to the side of the bolt pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                              Just gotta drill a whole to the side of the bolt pattern.
                              To drill a hole thru the upright, you will want to use colbalt drill bits and a drill with good amount of torque.

Comment

Working...
                              X