No announcement yet.

PP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is WOT??? we just push it down pretty far. if you put the throttle further up/down does it effect the sensitivity?

Comment

Wide open Throttle (WOT)

Comment

I've only driven a couple of Tiges w/PP (CP3's and xpjim's) and noticed that you roll into the throttle til it beeps and locks in and you leave the throttle alone. With the Accu-Set and Speet Set, IF you leave the throttle at the point it locked in, the engine will surge, or hunt.

With the Speed Set, I found it to lock in far faster then my Accu-Set. All you have to do is accelerate and it will lock in and set, and you keep pushing the throttle til you are WOT. Does not over drive like the Accu-Set. You dont have to ease up on the rate of acceleration when you get close to the set speed either.

Do you see and fluctuation with the analog speedo? the reason I ask is that Tige only uses one paddle wheel.

May want to send a PM to FIC (Dom with Fortse Inboard Connection) and ask him if he has seen this. May be an ECM re-flash for this as it does sound like a programming prob, not a component failure
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
          BTW, there was also another thread about adjusting some settings on PP to dial in the speed sampling rate and speed adjustment rate: KDW (surge control) an NN (paddle wheel sensitivity). Here's the thread. It's a must read.
          Dog has got it here.

The NN and KDW need to be set in conjuction with each other in order to hold speed well. By adding ballast to your boat can knock your pp way out of alignment.

Like Dog said the KDW is surge control, basically its how aggressively the system changes RPM to control the speed. Set it too high and it will be revving up and down too much, too low and the engine wont rev up enough.

The NN is the sample rate of the paddle wheel. The system samples the speed and adjusts accordingly. If you set this too high the system will always be trying to correct itself, too low and it wont correct itself enough.
          Common Sense is not so Common
          Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            I've only driven a couple of Tiges w/PP (CP3's and xpjim's) and noticed that you roll into the throttle til it beeps and locks in and you leave the throttle alone. With the Accu-Set and Speet Set, IF you leave the throttle at the point it locked in, the engine will surge, or hunt.

With the Speed Set, I found it to lock in far faster then my Accu-Set. All you have to do is accelerate and it will lock in and set, and you keep pushing the throttle til you are WOT. Does not over drive like the Accu-Set. You dont have to ease up on the rate of acceleration when you get close to the set speed either.

Do you see and fluctuation with the analog speedo? the reason I ask is that Tige only uses one paddle wheel.

May want to send a PM to FIC (Dom with Fortse Inboard Connection) and ask him if he has seen this. May be an ECM re-flash for this as it does sound like a programming prob, not a component failure
            ACCU-SET?
            Wasn't that the company that was perfect pass' only competitor for a while? Then they disappeared....

Comment

thanks for your replies, i think the problem will be fixed now when we were boarding we would accelerate to the desired speed, turned on speedset and didnt go WOT, so that must have made it surge. should be fixed for next time so thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                ACCU-SET?
                Wasn't that the company that was perfect pass' only competitor for a while? Then they disappeared....

Accu-set was the first gen Speed Set that Tige/MP rolled out in 06.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  Accu-set was the first gen Speed Set that Tige/MP rolled out in 06.
                  Ohhhhh... then whats the name of the thing im thinking of... maybe accu-ski...

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                    Ohhhhh... then whats the name of the thing im thinking of... maybe accu-ski...
                    could be duno

Comment

Since I have a TIGE seems to me that the SS is perfect enough for me not some aftermarket PP with the exception of my brothers factory install or whatever from the dealer seems to not do the setting problems many of you guys are having weird. But like I said for me its TIGE's Speedset hands down!

Comment

yeah speed set is great but you cant put it on my 03 so pp is what you get. ill just have to mess with it. ill get it dialed in.

Comment

Working...
                        X