Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing muchis working....

went thru a huge cruiser wake last time out and it hit real hard

After that my taps, blower, bilge, glove box cigarette lighter werent working???!!! any Ideas?
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

I would start checking the connections. I had a couple connections loosen over time causing some interesting gauge malfunctions. I assume it was just the jolting of the wake that caused the problems is what you meant, not water flooding the boat??? I hit one good enough a few weeks ago that one of my tower speaker grills popped off and bounced off the sunpad into the water and needless to say did not float. It is now disintegrating somewhere in the gulf of mexico

Comment

but what one connection will do all that?

how is your boat doing in the salt water? do alot of the screws in the boat rust?

Comment

Not sure what one connection will do what you have, but on mine I had a couple loose connections. In particular the main power that goes to my ignition switch was causing my gauges to go goofy and the boat to completely die once.

The boat is actually doing fine in the saltwater. I haven't really noticed any more corrosion on the tige verses my sea ray, my flats skiff, or a boat that is "saltwater" specific. The only thing I have had is my bearings in the alt have not liked the saltwater dripping on them off of the sunpad, but a simple cover on the alt bracket has take care of that.

Comment

I had a similar experience, but never completely lost power. I started at the battery and checked and tightened EVERY connection I could find, including the wiring harnesses on the engine. Went back out Friday and fought some serious chop all the way home without a problem. So I don't know which connection helped me, but try them all, including the harnesses under the dash. Good luck!

Comment

All good suggestions, especially the inline fuses under the dash.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Your wiring under the dash is probably different than mine, but I'd bet those circuits are common somewhere under there. I'd look at the lines coming off the ignition switch. There are probably 3 tabs on the switch with small screws that can work loose. They may look fine, but tighten everything you can find. Check the fuse for those items, the little wire inside may be loose. I thought our main battery was dead one time. Everything "looked" fine, but apparently when I was routing a hose past the battery GND lead it moved and loosened the wing nut. Tightened the wing nut and all was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Weil Thing View Post
                I had a similar experience, but never completely lost power. I started at the battery and checked and tightened EVERY connection I could find, including the wiring harnesses on the engine. Went back out Friday and fought some serious chop all the way home without a problem. So I don't know which connection helped me, but try them all, including the harnesses under the dash. Good luck!
                any chance you are going out saturday

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                  went thru a huge cruiser wake last time out and it hit real hard

After that my taps, blower, bilge, glove box cigarette lighter werent working???!!! any Ideas?
                  I'll trade ya? My zx700 cabin amp is hanging by 1 screw I beet the snot out of my Scouts this weekend and I think I did it Sunday morning.

Check under the dash for a Buss Bar with a couple of main breakers. Look for a tripped one or any loose connections.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok Ill do it friday. I hate not having my boat close

Comment

Working...
                    X