Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth gauge/cooler drainage

I have two questions.

1. My depth gauge on my 07' 22ve stops working at I'm at about 28mph. We recently had a rival balast system put in and I am wondering if this is screwing it up because of where the fill is positioned.

2. My cooler doesn't drain very well. Does anyone else have this issue, or is mine blocked with something.

Thanks.
    Wilson

Originally posted by wakewilson View Post
    I have two questions.

1. My depth gauge on my 07' 22ve stops working at I'm at about 28mph. We recently had a rival balast system put in and I am wondering if this is screwing it up because of where the fill is positioned.

2. My cooler doesn't drain very well. Does anyone else have this issue, or is mine blocked with something.

Thanks.
    1. If your thru-hull is located in front of where the transducer is mounted in the hull, then it could be creating turbulence at high speeds that would cause this.

2. I'd follow the drain line to see if it's pinched somewhere. Alternatively, you could try taking a shop vac and blowing air into the line to unblock whatever's blocking it.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Where would the transducer be located?
      Wilson

Comment

wake unfortuantely I know for a fact they put the fill in front of your transducer and I was wondering if it might cause a problem?....have you had any problems with speed? perfect pass?

I thought the cooler just had a hole in it that drained into the bilge?
        Everything happens for a reason
        I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

That explains it. Yes, we have had issues with our perfect pass. It's been less then perfect. Is there anything that can be done now? It's been driving me crazy.

I have not been able to evacuate the cooler via the bilge.
          Wilson

Comment

Well thats not good.

Comment

I have two questions.

1. My depth gauge on my 07' 22ve stops working at I'm at about 28mph. We recently had a rival ballast system put in and I am wondering if this is screwing it up because of where the fill is positioned.

Thanks.
              There is no hose on my cooler drain, it runs right into the bilge. Is it not draining out of the cooler or not running out of the bulge drain? Due to the amount rocker, you need to get the nose up to get the water to drain to the back.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That explains it. Yes, we have had issues with our perfect pass. It's been less then perfect. Is there anything that can be done now? It's been driving me crazy.

I have not been able to evacuate the cooler via the bilge.
                Ok, the transducer can be moved. Whoever installed the ballast system should do it. You may have to move your PerfectPass paddle wheel thru-hole as well. That's a bummer. It may be easier to just put a new one in and leave the other one there.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                  Ok, the transducer can be moved. Whoever installed the ballast system should do it. You may have to move your PerfectPass paddle wheel thru-hole as well. That's a bummer. It may be easier to just put a new one in and leave the other one there.
                  He has Tige Speed Set that uses a tri-ducer, so it may be easier to move/install new scoop.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Right, but I don't want another hole in the bottom of my boat. It's cobbled together enough already. We may just call it a day.

Thanks for the input, though.
                    Wilson

Comment

you could just use the old transducer hole for another scoop
                      then it would be even faster

Comment

Always looking on the bright side........I like that.
                        Wilson

Comment

Always looking on the bright side........I like that.
                          There is a solution for this dilemma, Wake. Help them work through it and I know you will be 100% satisfied at the end of the day, That's the kind of people they are at HQ.

PM me if you want.

Comment

Working...
                          X