Changing a Prop on a 1997 PRE2150WT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a Prop on a 1997 PRE2150WT

I recently destroyed my prop on the reservoir I keep my Tige' (1997 PRE2150WT) on due to low water levels. I can make out the the prop is a 3 blade 13 x 13 which seems to be pretty standard. However the rest of the numbers are scratched off. Are all Tige' boats a 1-1/8" bore? Does anyone have any recommendations of a good website to order a new (correct) prop from? Also, I am having a heck of a time getting the thing off. I was able to get the pin and nut off, but the prop is on there so good I can't get it off. Is there a trick to getting these things off when they are frozen on there or do I need to get to take it to a marina and let someone that knows what they are doing handle it? It seems like it should be real simple. Any advice would be much appreciated.

You can buy a harmonic remover, or a clamp style when you order your new prop. I am sure someone will chime in with onlie retailers.
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

http://www.propellersonline.com/Acme3bl.php has the Acme #425 3-blade, 13x13 for $335. (no shipping)

Comment

Go with the Acme, you won't be dissappointed. Order a prop puller kit when you order your prop. It will save you a ton of headache when you change your prop. You can also buy a prop puller off ebay as well. When you put the puller c-clamp on, tighten up the clamp, and rap on the end of the clamp with a hammer, and the prop should pop off. Leave the prop nut on a few turns to keep the prop from coming all the way off the shaft suddenly and hurting you.

Good luck

Comment

If you wrecked your prop, you'll need to check your shaft and strut alignment as well. It's pretty easy to bend the shaft when you mess up your prop bad enough.

spharis is right, you'll need a prop puller. There's a thread around here somewhere about pulling your prop.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I have the same boat as you and recommend the ACME 653. Yours might be different due to altitude or ballast. Give the guys at ACME Propellers a call. I bought mine from my local dealer. $332
            http://www.acmemarine.com/
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I was thinking about this over night. It will make a difference on what engine you have. On your spark arrestor it will state MAX W.O.T. (Wide Open Throttle) RPM. My engine is 4400-4800 RPM. Acme will want to know those numbers and want to know what your current MAX WOT RPM is. My original prop was way too low. My current prop is at around 4600 RPM.

You need a prop puller kit to get the old prop off as stated above. Those things are on there tight. Get the kit where you buy the new prop. I guess others have found some local shops that will lend you their puller, if you have your prop repaired and/or purchased from them.

I don't know if all Tigés are 1 1/8" bore, but yours is.
              Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

The engineer with ACME recommended the 515. He said the pitch on an ACME prop usually needs to be about 1" less than a standard prop. He said the 653 would be the best choice for wakeboarding, but the 515 would be best for all around. I will put it on hopefully this weekend and let you know how it turns out.

Comment

You will be amaze how well it does.

Comment

Be sure to have your shaft and strut checked for damage.

Also, while a lower pitch prop is usually associated with wakeboarding, it's really more for a heavily loaded boat, which is the case for both wakeboarding and wakesurfing.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                      Be sure to have your shaft and strut checked for damage.

Also, while a lower pitch prop is usually associated with wakeboarding, it's really more for a heavily loaded boat, which is the case for both wakeboarding and wakesurfing.
                      You forgot one.. Everyone's favorite.

TUBING

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                        You forgot one.. Everyone's favorite.

TUBING
                        That usually requires a higher pitch prop.

Comment

egleissner - Glad to hear you got a replacement! You will definitely be amazed. Please report back.

If I remember right, the 653 will help with altitude as well. That was part of my concern for Lake Powell.

Comment

[QUOTE=TeamAllen;85680]I have the same boat as you and recommend the ACME 653.

Allen aka Mike,

Did you go with the 653 strictly for Powell? I am getting ready to buy and was leaning towards the 515 as we go to Havasu and Mohave quite a bit although we always make our annual Powell trip. Will the 653 work well in Havasu / Mohave???? Can't wait to see the difference from the SS 4 blade Cutter we have been running.

Comment

Working...
                            X