Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraped a ski rope around the prop!!!

Hi everyone, New/used Tige owner.
    I just picked up a used 2001 21v. I have only had it for 4 days. I was out last night, basiclly the only one on the lake and I ran over a left ski rope. That sucker came out of no ware. So I spent 30-40 mins getting it undone.
    My question is has this happend to any one else? Did you notice any damage. I have looked everything over and didn't notice anything. I did notice a little vibration while running at 3-5 mph that I am not sure was there before running over the rope. At speed didn't notice anything. Just wondering where else to look? Also I have to replace the steering cable, that I have read is a problem. Any idea where to purchase one at a good price and really how hard is it to replace. Like I stated just new to Tige.

Thanks
    Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

samw, welcome to the site and when you have time, post some pic's of your boats.

As for the rope around the prop, I did something like that about a 1.5 years ago. You just have to make sure that between the prop and the bar that holds the prop shaft right near the prop (sorry, don't remember what that piece is called) that there is no rope between them. I pulled my prop off and removed all the burned rope that made itself around the prop shaft so the burned rope wouldn't do any more damage to the part just above the prop. That would be my suggestion and

Steering cable: the sheath of the steering cable should have the specs written on it. You can find the easiest access to these spec near the steering wheel since the majority of the cable will be exposed there. Now, there are others on here that will comment on where to order the new steering cable.

Enjoy the boat and use it. You will love your new Tige.

Comment

It's called the strut. If you have any vibration, I'd have your dealer check the shaft alignment and to see if it's bent. Whatever you do, don't engage the prop outside the water.

Also, check your prop. Small vibrations like that are often caused by dings to your prop. A prop is pretty easy to fix, but you'll need a prop puller tool. There's another active thread on here now that has all sorts of good info on pulling your prop. There are lots of guys who have done various DIY projects, from repairs to major bling. Just search around and you'll find them.

Welcome to the Tige family and this site. You're going to love your boat!
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

welcome to the family!! I have wrapped my fair share of ropes around the prop. No damage as of yet.
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the club. I wrapped my anchor line this year. Had to pull the boat out to cut the line off. Small ding in the prop, but was able to hammer it out and ran fine. As long as you don't get a vibration at higher speeds you should be ok.
          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Run it like you stole it!
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Working...
            X