this is getting old......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is getting old......

i have a 2002 22i and when im at 3/4 to full throttle it runs great but from pulling some one up to 21 on the pp it sounds and feels like it is missing. im thinking it might need a new distributer cap and wires for a tune up.. after running the boat for an hour or so it will run fine. or i will mess with the wires and twist them around , un do them from the distubuter cap and put them back on and it is fine again for a while.. any thoughts? i bouth this boat used a couple of months ago and had 590 hrs. on it and now has like 610 on it.

You may need some new plug wires. My dealer recommended new plug wires at 400 hrs. Perhaps they were never changed.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Does sound like an engine miss. Start with the cheap and easy stuff; plugs, plug wires, Distributor cap, rotor, fuel/water separator filter. Use Marine grade, not automotive.

or i will mess with the wires and twist them around , un do them from the distubuter cap and put them back on and it is fine again for a while
      You are talking about plug wires right?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'd guess it was plugs, plug wires or distributor cap. Pretty easy and quick fix.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

If you can, take pictures of the old plugs and post them here as well. Is that engine fuel injected?
          http://www.wakeboatworld.com
          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

350 merc. mpi

Comment

BTW, the reason you replace the plug wires at 400 hours is that they tend to heat up and then end up misfiring.

Comment

oh .. ok.. i didnt know that. thanks for the info. im going to the shop to get some stuff now.. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X