Losing Bearing Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Bearing Covers

I have the standard buddy bearings on my trailer with the rubber covers/bra and I keep losing the covers on my brake axle. I keep the bearings serviced and the grease level is always up. Any suggestions on how keep covers on? Also, thought about converting to oil filled hubs. Any comments or opinions on this?

It sounds like the covers are too big.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

When you slide the covers back on, you need to burp the air out. As the hubs heat up it will pop them off.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        When you slide the covers back on, you need to burp the air out. As the hubs heat up it will pop them off.
        ding ding ding we have a winner this is exactly what you need to do to keep them from flying off. god call chpthril!!!!! do it sorta like you would a tuperware lid push in on the center and lift out the side to let air out it creates like a suction to hold it on.

Comment

Working...
        X