mph gauge... please help ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mph gauge... please help ...

i have a 2002 22i and it cam with perfect pass.... the mph shows on the perfect pass but the needle doesnt move in the dash gauge. the lights work in the dash and so does the reading for temp and everything but the needle just doesnt move. is there any way to have both of them work or if anyone may know what the problem may be ????? im one of those people that if something doesnt work it just buggs the crap out of me.

any input would be greatful.. thanks

will

Did you recently buy this boat? Has it ever worked for you? May be a stretch here, but I wonder if the PP pickup was installed in place of the factory speedo pickup.

Do you have a working Tach? or is that where the PP gauge is put?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

i bought the boat about three months ago and it never did work ... i called the guy that i bought it from and he said that i should check the little wheel that picks up the speed to see if it had a mud dobbers nest (wasp nest out of mud ) making it hang up. so it must have worked at one time. i was wondering where i should start to look for the problem ? any ideas in retard terms cause im kinda new to this water world and i dont always under stand the tech. words. ha ha thanks for your quickness on getting back to me i love this web site. yall are awsome... thanks

Comment

no the tach is a seperate gauge in the dash. it works just fine. the pp is down on the right side of the steering wheel along with the cd headunit rmote.

Comment

Ok, cool. Sounds like it did work and It has a minor failure.

The previous owner was right in checking the paddle wheel first. It should spin freely by hand. You should find it near the back and close to the keel (center line of the boat).

These pickups typically put out an AC voltage signal that increases as the paddle wheel spins faster but I dont know the wire colors to check on your model.

Also check the connections on the back of the speedo for loose or corroded connections.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok.. ill check again but everything all looks good. is their a fuse some where for that ??? maybe in-line ? thanks again. ill check and will post back.

Comment

I am assuming that you are talking about the normal speedometer gauge not working. Look for the pickup tube on the back of the transom, it is about 4 inches long and looks like a fin with a tube attached to it going into the transom. It could be kicked up, needs to be down in the water. It has a hole in it facing the water coming out from under the boat. This is what makes the needle move, and if it has mud or some other foreign matter clogging it up, the gauge will not work. Use a needle and water to clean it out.

Comment

No, your speedo pickup is probably not the same as the PerfectPass Paddle wheel. It's probably one of those cheap air-pressure pickups at the rear of the boat. It's easy for debris to get caught up in there, or for the line to get pinched. It works on air pressure, so, if you get a hole in it you're hosed. I had to remove my speedo so i'd have a place to put PerfectPass, so I just disconnected mine.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                X